FlomatonsFlocks

Songster
6 Years
Feb 23, 2015
Southern Alabama
We have four children and a few different breeds of chickens and quail. I had no idea I would fall in love with Quail like I have. We got some quail eggs from a very nice lady and hatch them out and ended up with a Texas A&M male, two Coturnix quail females and one Italian gold Manchurian female.

After I learned how much we all loved quail, we ordered more Texas A&M, Japanese Coturnix, Celadon blue laying quail, and are ordering more Italian gold Manchurian quail eggs now! I have heard of chicken math but the quail math is new to me!! LOL 🤣🤣🤣

We have hatched out some from our mixed pretty flock and people love them so much we have even had orders for them even though they are mixed. Originally, we were going to get rid of them and start over with only our new purebreds but these ones are so beautiful and so fun to watch! 😍😍😍

They are easier to hatch out than chicken eggs and they are healthier. We also learned recently about quail egg scissors ✂✂✂ and they are so much fun to use! They make it so much easier to deal with the quail eggs that we want to cook. 🍳

Our 11 year old wants to start her own little Quail Farm business and I think that is so cool for her.

Do you have any favorite type of quail? Any suggestions on starting our little farm business? Tips? Advice?

There are so many breeds, we are not sure which ones to start out with. We are steadily researching and learning and growing and are so very excited about it all! Show me your pretty quail breeds!

1583888485509.jpg

1583889184584.jpg
1583889227612.jpg
1582437091969.jpg
1583888777281.jpg
1583888841838.jpg

I am a fan of coturnix (Japanese) quail. I also have a few button (King) quail. All of the ones you've described are coturnix (breed), just different colours.

I'm a fan of the birds that don't have red in them, so I really like falb fee, grau fee, and pansy fee.

Back
Top Bottom