Our Pride and Joy from Yesterday

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sequin, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Ok, So, I just couldn't resist sharing our pride and joy - our First EVER egg from our first group of chickens. We found it yesterday, no new eggs today, so we are hoping for tomorrow. The hens went into the coop earlier than usual today, so either they were really cold - or they are working on another egg. I am hoping it is the latter. Anyway, thanks so much for letting me share this very proud moment. It was every bit as exciting and thrilling and happy as I imagined it would be - plus some. [​IMG] YAY - my chickens really ARE normal!!!! hee hee hee...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I so happy for you!! Now if only my stupid chickens would start laying again....they're going on their 3rd week of no eggs.... [​IMG]

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    [​IMG] Yikes!!! Well, I am wishing you the best... maybe tomorrow?! We told ourselves that for a LOT of tomorrows, and it finally happened!! Your tomorrow will come too no doubt.[​IMG]

4. DottieMarie

DottieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    South East MI
    Sequin,
    Congrats on your egg!!! We just got our first a couple weeks ago and it's so funny how I excited I get everytime I go to the coop looking for an egg.
    Enjoy your girls and your eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by