Our soon to be new home

Quote:
Yes, we love the farm life.
smile.png

We wont have our breeding ducks and geese in the big pond. We're going to dig out individual "mini" ponds for each individual breed. each one will have there own pond in their pin.
wink.png

Update:

Well after several months we've finally started settling in to our new land. Its been a long drawn out process but it looks like its going to be smooth sailing from now on. Our birds are finally starting to settle in. We had to make small temporary pins for every breed of bird and it hasn't been very easy for them, we lost half of our pheasants because of it (all but one of our Red Golds and some of our Silvers)
sad.png
. We finally got some of the permanent Turkey pins built and are now working on the permanent chicken pins. As far as our ducks we've had to put a hold on them. Right now our main focus is on our Chickens and Turkeys. Once our Chickens and Turkeys are totally settled in to their permanent pins we can start focusing on our Pheasants and Ducks again. It may be next year (2010) before you'll see us in full swing.
fl.gif

Here's some pics of the farm now. It looks alot better now then it did before we moved here....

The driveway...

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

the pond..

Picture044.jpg

2 new Turkey pins...

Front

IMG_0650.jpg

Back

IMG_0656.jpg

Poles for the new Chicken pins...

IMG_0651.jpg

im jealous. thanks for the photos, my son wants to get turkeys in the spring and now I have a great idea for the run.

You are truly blessed....its like an epsiode of Extreme Makeover.....cant wait for more pics...you have worked so hard on those improvements......well done you!
hugs.gif

What a difference 9 months make. LUCKY! or rather I should say BLESSED!!!

I so wish I could move to the 7.7 acres of land that I own. I'm still renting it out for $70 an acre each year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom