Our TSC is getting chicks in today....uh-oh

Maidservant

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Even though I have two incubators full and two brooders full of chicks (and ducklings), I'm going to make a trip to TSC today!

I hope that they get the same selection as they did last year.

Here is my list (not like I'll really stick with it, lol):
4-5 RIR pullets
a trio of buff orpingtons (maybe)
any and all Dominiques (for my uncle)
a handful of silkies (hopefully in colors I don't have)
another sultan or two
a few odd colored cochins

If they have ducklings, I'm going to try to get at least one maybe two khaki campbells and 3-4 white pekins.

What a way to spend a paycheck!

Emily in NC

I like your list! I'm going today too. They will be so glad to be done with me. I have been calling like crazy to find out when they are coming in. Good luck today.

dont go, stay away from TSC
lau.gif

LUCKY! I called as soon as they opened and they dont' have them yet
sad.png
sad.png

I just need a few more babies..... (how many times will I say that? LOL)

LOL! I have to run to the local farm store to pick some stuff up after work, and my wife looked at me as I walked out the door and said, "Read my lips, NO MORE CHICKS!"
lau.gif
If she meant that, then why is she sending me to the farm store?
gig.gif

Bil

Just an "enabler" note to help out all of you who are going to a TSC in KY. I was told by the manager of our local store that in KY it is a state law that they cannot sell fewer than 6 chicks to any one person. Something to do with them being considered livestock and not pets and they don't want you buying your 2 y.o. a pet chicken. I thought this would be helpful excuse . . . I mean helpful information when explaining why you brought home so many chicks!
lau.gif

What I don't understand is what's wrong with a child having a pet chicken?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom