Our Very 1st Egg!!!

Congrats!!!!
I found that my birds resist going in when they are free ranging, but go in like clockwork when in the run. They are all the same age (about 25 weeks now) and I think they just believe they will find a tree when they are free ranging. Or they just dig their freedom too much!
some owners who exclusively free range put treats in coop just before dusk to train a flock.

thas great!!!

as for why their not going in at night, they are new ad young still. they don't seem to know when they should be heading in yet. best fix for that is repetition. put them in manually each day until you notice all of them going in on their own.
Thank you 😊 we have been putting them into the coop every night at the same time so we will continue to routine until they decide to take over the responsibility. In the meantime, we'll enjoy the nighttime ritual with them. They do grow too fast!

Thanos put the hen down lol jk congrats on your first egg !
I'm glad someone else saw Thanos! It was the first thing I noticed after looking at the pictures I took and my son looked at me like I had six heads when I burst into laughter. Thank you for celebrating with us!

Ours have been free ranging since the were moved from the brooder to outside. A first, hey were not interested in going to bed in the coop. For weeks we had to put them in at night because they roosting outside. They caught on, so will yours. Just keep putting them in before bed and they'll get it.

Back
Top Bottom