Out of the brooder - into the coop

Sammster

Crowing
Jul 31, 2021
SE Michigan
My chick-a-booms (not calling them "the girls" anymore, because I suspect that 2 might be boys) have spent 2 nights in their coop, now. They are very happy out there. Unfortunately, I didn't learn about restricting chicks to the coop, for bedtime training - until "after" letting them "day-play" in the run for the last week. So, I'm having to gather them up in the evening, to put them to bed.

Today, I set up a coop camera. It's a great tool for peace of mind. I also bought a thermometer/hygrometer that I want to install, so that I can keep an eye on the temperature and moisture levels of the coop

I never restrict my babies to the coop when I move them outside. I've never done that to any of my flocks. After about 4 days of sticking them in at night, they knew what to do! I never had to worry again. :D

Even if you had restricted them to the coop, they don't usually go to bed automatically without some coaxing when they are that young. I usually have to catch mine and show them where to go for several days before it "clicks".
2nd night in a row, they put themselves to bed 😊
received_292331169321333.jpeg

I never restrict my babies to the coop when I move them outside. I've never done that to any of my flocks. After about 4 days of sticking them in at night, they knew what to do! I never had to worry again. :D
This is what I’m doing but they cry so much that it’s hard to walk away. Will they eventually be okay with it???

Back
Top Bottom