Out of the brooder.

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
I have 2 ducklings that are ready to be outside full time. They are 8 weeks and fully feathered welsh harlequin females. Is it ok if they go out with old males? I just know my males are going to mate them. Are they still too young for that? Should I keep them penned up for awhile still? We free range everyone.

I have 2 ducklings that are ready to be outside full time. They are 8 weeks and fully feathered welsh harlequin females. Is it ok if they go out with old males? I just know my males are going to mate them. Are they still too young for that? Should I keep them penned up for awhile still? We free range everyone.
Put them in a pen where they can see the males but not interact with them for at least 2 weeks just so they can get used to their presence.

Put them in a pen where they can see the males but not interact with them for at least 2 weeks just so they can get used to their presence.
They stay outside in a pen all day right now. I have one male and one female pairs that are VERY interested in them. So I think he will be the one to claim them.

Back
Top Bottom