Out of the Nest!

lauralou

Crowing
16 Years
Dec 10, 2007
Central Virginia
My muscovy hen finally brought her new brood out of the nest. Ten adorable little ducklings!

Here is Mocha and her brood:

100_2139-2.jpg

And a closeup of the ducklings:

100_2152-3.jpg

Aren't they just the cutest things you ever saw? We are totally in love with them!

They are ADORABLE!!!!! And doesn't Mocha just look so proud? Has she settled down any or is she still the princess?

So 10 hatched. Is there any sign of life in the others or do we think 10 is it?

I am so excited for you that they are finally here.
wee.gif

CityGirl,

Yep, 10 is it. The hatch is complete.

Mocha is still a princess. She thought that the corner of the pen was her new nest, and we had a heck of a time rounding up all those babies to go into the duckhouse for the night.

Chickenlisa,

We love the color too! Can you see the slight greenish tinge to them in the picture? It's plain as day in real life. Mocha is a chocolate, and the drake was a chocolate ripple.

OHHH!!!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING MOCHA IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND SO ARE THE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. MY DUCK IS HATCHING HER EGGS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS

I have no idea what the greenish tinge means. Maybe it's just camoflage. It is cool, though, whatever it means.

I expect that all of the ducklings will be chocolate, unless Mocha is carrying the ripple gene, which is possible. In that case, I'd expect half chocolates, half chocolate ripples.

Thanks for the congrats Cetawin!

We think Mocha's beautiful, too. She's a really nice hen. And good luck with your hatch, roocrazy! Post Pictures!

What color are they? Hmmm.... Most likely chocolate. Maybe half of them will be chocolate ripples. I understand that it's hard to tell until they feather out.

Back
Top Bottom