Outhouse Themed Bathroom?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
Well lucky for us, we eat anything when we go out including Cracker Barrel!

Quote:
If righted, that would make a nice little chicken coop!

That's what we plan to do - upright it and restore it and probably use it for a tool or feed shed. Unfortunately it's leaning even more than it was last year when we bought the place and I'm afraid it may fall over and get destroyed before we can restore it. The entire base is rotted from the ground up about one foot but the rest is solid, thick cypress. Someone, many years ago, stored a lot of the slate they took off the roof of the main house so I can't tell if the "double holer" is still there or not. From what I can tell, it looks like it was filled in or covered over with a board floor and probably just used as a storage building. It has a hedge lined brick walkway leading to it and has electricity and fan installed. I think it would make a nice outhouse. That way when I'm working outside I don't have to make the long treck back into the house (better than darting into the barn
smile.png
). It sits directly across from the stables and next to our two main coops.

As far as any "treasures" or bottles that may be found underneath once we move the outhouse, I had a man here working on the main house that asked if he could "explore". Seems he's a bottle hunter and said the same thing - "real treasures" got tossed down there.

I already have baskets full of bottles that I'm finding by the old kitchen and wash house - in the woods from the main house (this is an old plantation dating from 1790). They just tossed everything in one big pile out there, next to the creek. I've dug up old Clorox (amber with raised lettering), Listerin, Phillips, Vicks and many others.

But....this is getting offtopic slightly.

If those of you who love outhouse themes want to use and print and frame and hang a picture of the outhouse, feel free to do so. You can PM me and I can send you one that hasn't been reduced in size. Until now I never realized there was an "Outhouse" theme in bathroom decor.

My bathroom is done in outhouses. I have border with them over small yellow checked wallpaper. A couple of pictures of outhouses and a couple of little outhouses sitting around. I know that sounds like too much but it is a large bathroom.
I think it is a great bathroom motif.

Well you can make an oversized outhouse if you can build some rough sawn boards and line the walls with it as well as the ceiling!

As for the toliet you can get a Victorian type toliet with tank way above head level.

And jig saw a toliet seat of same type of board mentioned above!
tongue.png
Be sure to have a tweezer ready!

Back
Top Bottom