Over 6 months

Chris B86

In the Brooder
May 18, 2020
I have a Silver Laced Wynodotte she is almost 10 months, she started laying at about 5.5 months... she layed good laying almost everyday, through our hot Arizona summer, then all of the sudden she stopped laying! I thought maybe the heat made her stop but the weather has been really nice between 60 and 95. She hasnt laid in almost 3 months! I looked she isnt egg bound she still eats and drinks and is active and doesn't look stressed.

Attachments

• 20201027_122541.jpg
    20201027_122541.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
I have a Silver Laced Wynodotte she is almost 10 months, she started laying at about 5.5 months... she layed good laying almost everyday, through our hot Arizona summer, then all of the sudden she stopped laying! I thought maybe the heat made her stop but the weather has been really nice between 60 and 95. She hasnt laid in almost 3 months! I looked she isnt egg bound she still eats and drinks and is active and doesn't look stressed.
Do you free range?
Might have hidden nest.
Or she could have stopped laying due to the shortening days, not all pullets will lay all winter.
Have you checked her vent and pelvic points?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/

Back
Top Bottom