Over Easy Pre Fab Coops, Amish made,any good ?

I have the mid sized Over-EZ coop. I have had it almost 8 years now. It is holding up very well. Other than needing the paint freshened up. Everything works just like it should. The things that I like about it. Are that the roost are removable. To make cleaning easier. There is a latch to hold the nest box cover up. So less chance of smashed fingers. It has an insulated ceiling. So the radiant heat from the metal roof is not transferred inside. The thing that I don’t like about it. Is that the nest boxes are just a few inches above the floor. Which encourages young chickens to roost in the nest boxes. Also no matter the flock that I house in it. The will scratch all the nesting material out onto the floor. Within a day of it being added. So I use asto turf. The only changes that I made to it. Is to put welded wire over the windows. You will have to put it over the window trim on the outside. Otherwise you will not have access to the window latches. The fly screens would barely slow down a raccoon. Especially being able to stand on the nest boxes for easier access. I also added heat duct registers for added ventilation. Two in the front, above the windows. Plus two in the back wall, in line with the ones on the front. I also added a 42 inch wide by 12 foot long run. With the chickens having access to the run. It will house 10 to 12 bantams. I have very small OEGB. Or 6 or 7 standard fowl. I hope this helps. Mine was barely used when I bought it at an auction. I looked it up online, to get an idea how much to bid. They were $799.99 at that time. So along with building materials. They have really jumped in price.
They want like $2 grand for the big one
https://overezchickencoop.com/collections/chicken-coops-1/products/extra-large-chicken-coop

We also have a local Amish business that makes and sells coops.
It would be best to send us a picture of what you are thinking of purchasing.
One thing about the Amish coops is that they are built for a small number of chickens but used to house too many chickens because they are typically seen as being a means of food source for eggs and chicken.
Yes the number they say you can house is way off

Honestly if your going to pay $2700 for a coop, you are better off buying a wood shed 8x10, which can house up to 20 birds. Add 20 feet of roost, 5 nest boxes, a chicken door/ramp, and some ventilation at the top. Sheds that size at Home Depot or Lowe’s can be in that price range anyway.
Thanks for the input that also is on my radar just trying to weight all the options and what mods I would have to do .
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Heartland-...torage-Shed-Installation-Not-Included/4507050

Honestly if your going to pay $2700 for a coop, you are better off buying a wood shed 8x10, which can house up to 20 birds. Add 20 feet of roost, 5 nest boxes, a chicken door/ramp, and some ventilation at the top. Sheds that size at Home Depot or Lowe’s can be in that price range anyway.
I second thus! Check you local lowes or what you have equivalent. Or even some places that sell sheds. They have display models on sale! I picked up a 12x8 lean to shed for 1400! We converted the one side already, and plan to do the same for the other! Painted the interior, and going to paint the outside, to match my overpriced, I mean my over easy coop! Lol 😂 it's true way overpriced. But hey it works for my silkies! 🤷‍♀️ My Deathlayer will house my new shed conversion!
20210612_163234.jpg
20210604_153455.jpg

Back
Top Bottom