Over run with eggs, please help!

Quote:
It's weird, I swear that once my brown layers started laying it was like all of a sudden my game hens started laying brown eggs too. I am sure it's not possible, but it seems that way.

Also isn't the ear color the color the eggs will be?

Should be but someone said its not always the case

I am having the same problem!!!! Although I get light brown, dark brown, white, and blue eggs! Also, I did Atkins last year for about 5 months, and don't care for eggs a whole lot right now-----which is terrible, because I always loved eggs, and now have trouble choking down one hard-boiled egg.
sad.png
I plan to start selling some of mine to co-workers once I get back to work next week---at least that will help out with the feed!

When i was getting 33 eggs a day, once my fridge filled up i called the local food pantry and told them my situation that the eggs will still be good for a month... and i took 26 dozen eggs( in new cartons) and donated them.

When it comes down to it, even if you cant sell them, DONATE them. It is important not to waste eggs. I know it sounds simple to just throw them out, but some of your neighbors might be having trouble buying food... maybe even just give some to neighbors, etc.

If you can sell them, that is always good. We feed our dogs and cats eggs. We do cook them so they don't go looking for fresh ones to snatch from the coop, my MIL has a dog that does that. It is a good protein for the dogs and cats. We also crush the shells and feed them back to the chickens. If we end up with a bunch at once (we tend to eat a lot of eggs, three growing kids and a very active hubby), I will boil them, crush them and feed them to the hens, too.

Still looking for uses? Your dog can have up to 5 eggs a week. They're great for making the coat super glossy with great hair quality.

Wishing our pullets were cranking them out as yours are ... we're still buying store eggs to feed the dogs!
barnie.gif

i will get on feeding back to my dogs, chickens, cats, etc. and of course us humans.

Wish I baked more. I have been giving eggs to the neighbors, and folks i work with.

I am not wasting them at all.

I think i will put up a sign and see if i get any takers.

thanks y'all. love all the ideas.

Man I wish I had your problem. I have 11 laying hens and right now I am lucky if I get 3 a day. Some days I get only 2 and some days I might get 4-5. I have clients wanting eggs and I cannot provide them anymore. Bummer for me too because I still love going out to get the eggs!!!

Back
Top Bottom