Over the Counter Antibiotic for Turkeys (and other poultry)

Metacam, which I think was for swelling.
Cephalexin 250mg capsules was the antibiotic. I had to mash them up, added water, and put it in a syringe to give it orally.

Any suggestions for natural turkey "antibiotics"? Will they eat garlic? And/or honey? Echenecia? Ginger? Any suggestions? I've been away for 2 weeks and my husband says Tom isn't feeling great... I haven't personally seen the symptoms and the store is too far away to go home, check him out then come back. Gonna give electrolytes regardless...

I'm not an expert on it, but I do know that Tylan 50 injectable can be given orally with a syringe to treat respitory illnesses in chickens & turkeys. It can be purchased at Tractor Supply stores. The snap shot I'm sharing is a post that @casportpony shared on an older thread.
View attachment 1373640
Hope this helps, I would post in the emergency thread as well. @Wyorp Rock.
My turkey seems lethargic, doesn't want to eat his banana treat and leans forward like he's trying to poop, but then doesn't. Petey is a very special turkey that doesn't mind being petted and wants to be around everyone. He gentle and sweet. Please, if you can advise me I'd be eternally grateful.

Back
Top Bottom