Overberg duck breed information

WhiteTreeOfGondor

"Even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf
Apr 26, 2021
Upstate South Carolina
I was thinking of crossbreeding my ducks in an attempt to produce a lilac Harlequin that would breed true. However, doing a little research on it, it looks like there may already be a similar breed. Are Overberg ducks an actual breed? It seems like mini Overbergs are more easily found, but I'm not really interested in those. Any information on the breed and where I could possibly find them would be great!

Yes there is a full size Overberg breed recognized in the UK (I have never seen or heard of anyone in the US having an Overberg). If you Google the Domestic Waterfowl Club of Great Britain they have a full page write up on them.

Oh wow, that is sad to hear. Do you know if there was/is a regular size version of the breed too? Maybe this is something I should work on after all.
Though there is a very slight chance that they still exist. I believe there was someone who made a thread about their newly purchased Overbergs from holderreads ( Holderreads no longer breeds them ) about 13 years ago. They might have some information about where you can find some miniature overbergs, and if they kept their trio of overbergs. You can also find out if the miniature overberg truly is extinct.

Though there is a very slight chance that they still exist. I believe there was someone who made a thread about their newly purchased Overbergs from holderreads ( Holderreads no longer breeds them ) about 13 years ago. They might have some information about where you can find some miniature overbergs, and if they kept their trio of overbergs. You can also find out if the miniature overberg truly is extinct.
Thank you! They're such a beautiful breed, I would love to find some or breed something similar. I'm more interested in the standard than miniatures but it doesn't sound like they are available anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom