Overheard a conversation....

Quote:
They get wet!
lol.png

Which is okay as long as you line dry them..... they shrink if you put them in the dryer.

That's how I ended up with so many bantams. sigh.... Live and learn.

Quote:
They get wet!
lol.png

Which is okay as long as you line dry them..... they shrink if you put them in the dryer.

That's how I ended up with so many bantams. sigh.... Live and learn.

lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
I've been told the same thing about turkeys, but I've never had one die from it, so personally I don't believe it. My turkeys will go in their house and get out of the rain; whereas, my hens will run around looking for bugs or worms to eat every little bit. Then they duck back under some shelter. The ducks and the geese love all kinds of weather, but if there is a puddle to be played in they are there.

Quote:
x2 My friends used to do that to me as a joke to see if they could ever catch me off guard with some info I didn’t know about chickens or any other animal I own… didn’t ever work so they eventually gave up lol but other people still try to start stuff wanting to one up on the info that I know, it used to get on my nerves but now my friends have learned so much stuff from listening to me talk about my animals that they jump in to the conversation just to run that person off lol it is so funny that they actually listen to all the stuff I go on about enough to stand up to those sort of people for me.

Do turkeys/chickens really drown in the rain?

In every myth, there is some shred of truth.

Pay attention next time. After a major storm here, it always
seems like fresh chicken is on sale at the market.

Surely that's just a fluke?

Don't know about chickens and turkeys but I danged near drowned in the rain storms associated with tropical storm Lee a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom