Overheating

Kaelewykoff

In the Brooder
Jul 12, 2021
Hey guys! I’m stressing out and need advice. My ducklings are now 3-5 weeks old and we just got our coop for outside. I was told it was okay to slowly move them outdoors. (During the day) (inside at night) I put them in the coop and my pekin started panting!! They are swimming in the kitty pool now, but how do I get them adjusted to our weather and being able to stay outdoors??

Hey guys! I’m stressing out and need advice. My ducklings are now 3-5 weeks old and we just got our coop for outside. I was told it was okay to slowly move them outdoors. (During the day) (inside at night) I put them in the coop and my pekin started panting!! They are swimming in the kitty pool now, but how do I get them adjusted to our weather and being able to stay outdoors??
Do you use a heat lamp with them ever?

They have had the heat lamp ever since they were born. They don’t have it as much on them now as it is covering more of the other pen inside but yes 24/7
Gradually turn it off, more and more. You said it’s they are outside during the day? How much degrees is it normally? Ducklings grow way faster than chicks and get off heat lamps way sooner.

Gradually turn it off, more and more. You said it’s they are outside during the day? How much degrees is it normally? Ducklings grow way faster than chicks and get off heat lamps way sooner.
Alright I’ll do that. I didn’t know that as this is my first set of ducklings. I appreciate it. And it’s GA so usually 73 degrees and highest 90-100

Back
Top Bottom