Overpopulated parks?

yes, I could ask runner duck mom to come with me and am considering it. I could not care less about "rules". That duck is not a wild duck! It's a fawn/white runner that someone has dumped at the park. I'm amazed that he's still alive!

Care just a little bit about the rules - enough to make sure you're abiding by them. Do a couple hours of internet research. I mean, you and @Runner duck mom aren't going to the park right this very second, are you? So just make sure of the laws and then do what needs to be done to save and care for that dumped duck.

Care just a little bit about the rules - enough to make sure you're abiding by them. Do a couple hours of internet research. I mean, you and @Runner duck mom aren't going to the park right this very second, are you? So just make sure of the laws and then do what needs to be done to save and care for that dumped duck.
No, we aren't going right now but thanks for your concern. I don't know that she'll have time to go with me anyway but we'd probably have a better chance to get the little guy with the 2 of us. I will surely call you to post my bail if I get caught!

I just read through the thread and good luck on catching those ducks! I live somewhere with a pond and the only waterfowl is Canadian geese, mallard ducks, and hooded merganser ducks.
But in a month or so after Easter there are some ducklings! But they go to a rescue :)🦆

Thank goodness they go to a rescue not many areas have anything like that and poor things either get eaten or die from exposure. I know some survive but it’s so sad that people do this :hit

Thank goodness they go to a rescue not many areas have anything like that and poor things either get eaten or die from exposure. I know some survive but it’s so sad that people do this :hit

People watch videos and think ducklings are cuuuuuute. And they are. But they're also a lot more work and have a lot of special requirements. If you get a new puppy or kitten, you give them a food/water bowl, a pet bed maybe a litter box and they're set. With ducklings you need a brooder, heat lamp, special food, water dispensed in a way that they can't swim in it or they'll drown/get hypothermia. They poop a lot and can't be housebroken and they're super messy with the food, water, and, yes, poop. Plus the super-adorable fuzzy/adorable stuff lasts maybe two-three weeks before they start becoming actual ducks. So a lot of people can't deal with and just drop them off at park to "live with their new duck friends" AKA die from starvation, cold, predators and getting mated to death by drakes.

Back
Top Bottom