overrun with roosters!!

Pics

Farmgal101

Crowing
May 29, 2017
I have 15 roosters and only 8 hens..which i have separated from the roosters bc there is to many rooster for just 8 hens.They are all about 10 months old.they were all hatched by my broody hens(i have a whole separate pen with them and two rooster they are almost two years old) I was not expecting them to go broody and herd peeping in the coop and i had 20-25 chicks!!I am trying to sell some of the roosters but haven't had any luck and even when i do sell i know its probably going to just be one rooster bc alot of the time people just buy hens..any ideas to were im making a little bit of money not killing the roosters and getting them a home fast?

What breed are they? It's pretty tough to sell extra roosters. If you mean that you don't want to kill them yourself, you could place an ad for the on craigslist for 5$ per rooster.

What breed are they? It's pretty tough to sell extra roosters. If you mean that you don't want to kill them yourself, you could place an ad for the on craigslist for 5$ per rooster.
They are Easter eggers which i know not alot of people want...I love Easter eggers its just i cant have 15 rooster if you know what i mean.

I’ve never been able to sell a cockerel, I’m not sure if that’s just bad luck but I’ve had quality silkie, AC, Pekin and Orpington roosters I couldn’t even get a penny for. I just give mine away for free, once they leave the premises, what happens to them, happens to them, though there are lots of nice families and farms willing to take them on, but not wanting to pay a pretty price. You could have a rooster flock, to avoid all that.

I’ve never been able to sell a cockerel, I’m not sure if that’s just bad luck but I’ve had quality silkie, AC, Pekin and Orpington roosters I couldn’t even get a penny for. I just give mine away for free, once they leave the premises, what happens to them, happens to them, though there are lots of nice families and farms willing to take them on, but not wanting to pay a pretty price. You could have a rooster flock, to avoid all that.

Not to take over the thread but send me a AC roo please. Lol those would be snapped up quickly around me I really have been wanting AC but they're so rare around me the prices are still quite high.

Otherwise, instead of trying to find someone to take them, you could set up a bachelor pad.
Just have a seperate coop/run for your extra boys.

Im fine if the person that buys them culls them for meat i just dont want to do it myself bc i would like to make a little off of them.I might consider the rooster flock if none are going to sell...i have them at $2.00 each right now not sure if thats a good price for easter egger roosters or not.

Back
Top Bottom