Overwhelmed. I need help.

20220522_135221.jpg
I don't think my girl is doing well. Is there more that I could do? She has a dirty bum from the gleet. She has been eating and drinking fine.

Give us a complete list of exactly what you are doing for this gorgeous sweet hen.
I've given ACV in her water, probiotics, plain greek yogurt, washed her dirty feathers. I have copper sulfate on the way. I'm really not sure what else I can do right now.

None of those things will treat yeast. Get some miconazole vaginal yeast cream and you can at least get started on killing the yeast in their systems.

Pry open the beak and squirt directly from the tube enough cream to fill the mouth. Do it twice a day for seven days. When the copper sulfate comes, then continue treatment with it.

None of those things will treat yeast. Get some miconazole vaginal yeast cream and you can at least get started on killing the yeast in their systems.

Pry open the beak and squirt directly from the tube enough cream to fill the mouth. Do it twice a day for seven days. When the copper sulfate comes, then continue treatment with it.
Like monistat cream that is used vaginally?

She must have stepped away.

Yes, it is safe to give this in the beak. I have treated 2 of my hens with success using this. (Thank you, @azygous !) You can get the generic as well.

You have a beautiful hen! I wish you luck with them.
Is it beneficial to put any near her vent?

Back
Top Bottom