Ow... :'(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheGoldenRoo, Jun 9, 2010.

1. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    I just hit my finger really hard on a football when trying to catch it. I can move it, but wow.... IT HURTS!

2. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My son did the same thing! The finger ended up bruising and also swelling for a couple days....put some ice on it!!

3. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    Yeah mine is starting to swell and it's kinda red. I had ice on it, but it works for a little bit, and then stops working.

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My neighbors were helping me move my new hen house up the hill to my yard the other day, and my finger got wedged between the hen house and the metal wagon we were pulling it on. I was yelling "Get it off Get it off!" In their attempt to lift it they only wedged it down more, and I was sure I had broken my finger. Amazingly, it was not broken, but came out dented and black and blue within seconds. It's still sore, but better than broken!

5. silkiechick05

silkiechick05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I broke my left pinkie in seventh grade due to a good P.E. football catching accident.

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    I've broken both my middle fingers playing sports.......... go to a pharmacy, they have finger splints. get waterproof tape and tape your finger in the splint for about 10-14 days.. and then remove the splint and start using it a little more each day... this is what the dr will do if it's broken so save yourself the cost of a visit! Even if it's not broken the splint will support and protect your finger and it'll feel better. Take Ibuprofin to help with any swelling. You'll be good to go! [​IMG]

7. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    I stubbed my toe so hard yesterday that it bled

8. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    [​IMG] I hope you get better soon.
    I've got an inflamed tendon.

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    better than a smack in the face with a big red "dodge"ball!

PWAAAAIIINNNNG!

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, you probably stoved it. That does hurt. Put some ice on it, or a bag of frozen peas. It'll be OK. Poor thing.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by