Owls killing chickens/guiena's in trees

mrsweb

Hatching
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
Does anyone have idea's how to keep an Owl from picking my birds out of the trees at night. I have 5 chickens and several guiena's that roost in the tree and they keep getting picked off one by one. Most go into the coop, but I have some diehards that love the tree. PLEASE HElP:(

Unfortunately, if you don't lock your birds into a predator proof coop at night they will continue to get preyed upon. Sorry.

Agree, they need to be put away in a coop for their safety from all night predators.

Cut down the tree. Sorry, probably not what you were looking for.
roll.png

Imp

i agree with all the comments. The predators won't stop until you run out of birds. Try locking them up before it gets too dark and they fly up in the trees. Most birds are creatures of habit. Once they get used to being in the coop at night they will automatically go there at dusk. Not sure about the guineas. i've never had those.

The chickens you can change their habits by locking them in the coop for a week or so.......the guineas, I think you're out of luck
sad.png

This is my fear, an owl. All of our bantams and guineas sleep in the thick cedar tree by our barn. Luckily I've never seen an owl around here.

Back
Top Bottom