Owning Chickens in Missouri

Thank you, for taking the time to answer my question. The ordinance seems to be designed to keep chickens out; how many have 100 feet away from their home and away from another's property line? Not many. It is so wrong that you can't sell or give away animals either, only the Animal Shelter and like organizations are allowed. Where are our natural human rights?

Thank you, for taking the time to answer my question. The ordinance seems to be designed to keep chickens out; how many have 100 feet away from their home and away from another's property line? Not many. It is so wrong that you can't sell or give away animals either, only the Animal Shelter and like organizations are allowed. Where are our natural human rights?
Governments began chipping away at them, often to the approval of those governed, the instant they were recognized. That is the nature of Government. To borrow a phrase from another subject area, "the dosage is the poison", but as with all exercises in line drawing, there is reasonable disagreement over where that line should be marked. Just know that when two wolves and a sheep vote on what's for dinner...

Governments began chipping away at them, often to the approval of those governed, the instant they were recognized. That is the nature of Government. To borrow a phrase from another subject area, "the dosage is the poison", but as with all exercises in line drawing, there is reasonable disagreement over where that line should be marked. Just know that when two wolves and a sheep vote on what's for dinner...
Indeed. I have been trying to warn people to stand up for and hold firm to their rights for most of my life and especially the last four decades. The Dumming Down of America and propaganda has been a huge success; so much so, that the majority are willing to defend the propaganda with their lives. We have almost no rights compared to what we did have. I could write for days, but one example is in some cities you are not allowed to sell or give away any animal, only animal shelters and the like are allowed to do so. They want all of our animals fixed and you are only allowed to have so many. So, what now, we live in fear of court because our cat had kittens and we want to make sure they have good homes as opposed to handing them over to a government beaurocracy? It's just wrong and that is only a minor issue in comparison to everything else.
Thanks and have a great day,
Kathleen

Out of respect for BYC's policies regarding political posts, I'm not going to say more than I already have, which was already more than I perhaps should have. Forgot which board I was on when I responded. But I will lift a cup of coffee to you, and wish you all the best on your chicken journey.

Have a spectacular day, Kathleen.

Back
Top Bottom