oxine... anyone used it?

I use it "without fail" in all my waterers. It keeps out the scum and kills the bacteria. I use it at 1 teaspoon per gallon in the water. I have used it for years and will never stop using it. Yes, I pay $29 a gallon. It goes a long ways and is worth EVERY CENT!

Been using for a few months and love it. I use it in my waterers, dehumidifier, vaporizer, spay the coops down to keep odor at bay, clean everything that needs a really good cleaning with it. Trust it completely! Just bought 4 more gallons! Going to use it in my incubator, the water, to clean it and to sanitize the eggs!

Hello
smile.png

I have used it for about 2 years now, and love it. I use a old Vick's vaporizer after cleaning the coop. Everything smells spring time fresh.
And I'm sure it keeps the birds healthier. I haven't put it in the waters yet but I may have to try that.

I have used this to cleaning my coop after culling the flock i used it. I bought a fogger, handheld size from the local paint store. I had the same question as you, why doesnt everyone know about this! Oh and if you call the number on the bottle they will tell you dosage too.

Good Luck!
smile.png

Quote:
I tried this with my old flock, but i have to ask. Did you just put the vaporizer in the coop and close the door? Or hold the chickens in front of it? I had the handheld fogger and my chickens did not lol.....

When I used it in the coop, I pushed them all into the 12' side of the coop at roost time and closed off the 8' side so they were all in the same room. I sat the vaporizer on a plastic lawn table and pointed the spout toward the roost, but it was about 8 ft away, closed down the windows a bit and a fan was on low, blowing the mist toward the roost. I let it go for about 45 minutes or so, to make sure that they had all breathed in the mist, though not all were having issues at the time.

The ones that had the real trouble were brought into the house and put in a wire dog kennel. I put a sheet around two sides to sort of "hold in" the mist, sat the vaporizer on the floor a couple feet away from the cage and let it mist for about 10 minutes at a time, several times each day.

I can't imagine raising Silkies and NOT having Oxine....I use it for everything : misting the birds once a week, misting the birds when I remove them from the show pens, spraying my shoe soles, cleaning the incubator & brooder, cleaning the waterers & feeder,.....I could go on & on.....I even clean my kitchen countertops with it

Oxine works great on mold. We had some mold in our garage from a leak and we used oxine to clean the walls. The mold cleared up completely.

We also had a respiratory disease in our turkey poults this year. We used oxine in a vaporizer and it completely cleared it up.

Love the stuff. Hate the price.

I'm convinced its worth a try. Ordered it thru revival animal health for $31.98 including the $6.99 shipping. Amazon.com charged 10.98 for shipping, so if anyone else was swayed by the discussion amazon is not the cheapest place this time around.

Back
Top Bottom