Oxine in the Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MoodyChicken, Mar 16, 2009.

1. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    First Sate Vet Supply is having a sale on Oxine, so I ordered a gallon of it. [​IMG] I've used it before, and I've put some in my bird's drinking water to keep things from growing in it. Could I put some in my incubator too? Or would that possibly kill the eggs? If yes, how much should I put in the water?

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

If the birds can drink it, I'm pretty sure it wont kill the eggs...

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

And that is a shame when the shipping is more than the product!!!

4. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Quote:Yeah, it was $2 cheaper than the product for me. Still cost a lot, but cheaper than if I were to order it not on sale.

5. MakNat

MakNat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Ky
    I order mine from amazon. Still shipping, but not too bad.

6. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I've sprayed it on eggs with no problems.. actually now I spritz all eggs at least once with it during incubation .. plus when i add water to the incubator I use oxine in the water troughs to keep the humidity where it needs to be
    I also spray the inside of the incubators with oxine in between hatches (as well as the regular cleaning routine)

7. Audio51

Audio51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Paradise, California

8. yogabbagirl

yogabbagirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2013
    Memphis, Tn
    Look up general instructions on shagbark bantums. I used one-fourth tsp in one quart glass canning jar. Poured some in the incubator while starting it up to mist the crevices.after rinsing with this. Let it dry. Just had 5 out of 6 chicks hatch. Im no expert but all chivks are ok. Hope that helps a little.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by