Oxine in the Incubator?

MoodyChicken

Songster
10 Years
Feb 15, 2009
Northern California
First Sate Vet Supply is having a sale on Oxine, so I ordered a gallon of it.
big_smile.png
I've used it before, and I've put some in my bird's drinking water to keep things from growing in it. Could I put some in my incubator too? Or would that possibly kill the eggs? If yes, how much should I put in the water?

First Sate Vet Supply is having a sale on Oxine, so I ordered a gallon of it.
big_smile.png
I've used it before, and I've put some in my bird's drinking water to keep things from growing in it. Could I put some in my incubator too? Or would that possibly kill the eggs? If yes, how much should I put in the water?

I've sprayed it on eggs with no problems.. actually now I spritz all eggs at least once with it during incubation .. plus when i add water to the incubator I use oxine in the water troughs to keep the humidity where it needs to be
I also spray the inside of the incubators with oxine in between hatches (as well as the regular cleaning routine)

Look up general instructions on shagbark bantums. I used one-fourth tsp in one quart glass canning jar. Poured some in the incubator while starting it up to mist the crevices.after rinsing with this. Let it dry. Just had 5 out of 6 chicks hatch. Im no expert but all chivks are ok. Hope that helps a little.

Back
Top Bottom