OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

Wild Coffee Homestead

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2020
I order Oxine from Revival animal health by the case and store bottles inside my storage room in house. My spray bottles are kept in my feed shed next to layer house ouut of direct sunlight and are opaque.. I use 1oz for my 500gallon molded duck pond as I fill it. 1/4oz in a tall spray bottle for disinfection and cleaning food and water containers before rinsing. 1/4 oz in tall spray bottle for cleaning inside poultry houses and shoes . I use Oxine only as preventive during wet weather periods in water (1oz to gallon then half eye dropper for each gallon jug). I use ac vinegar in the drinking water.I got. All my information on Oxine from EPA website, a couple of university websites, shagbark bantams etc.,. I've been incredibly lucky that I. Have not had ny mite or lice in any of my birds in 7 years. No loss of birds to disease in 5 years of using it. I have never bathed a bird with oxine in water but my ducks do their own thing.
Thank you for your detailed info. I have been researched the dilution ratio’s for days and kept getting more uncertain. Yours is clear and simple. I have chickens with white speckles on ears snd combs. Not sure what it is but am going to try this on them. Thanks again!

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
Thank you for your detailed info. I have been researched the dilution ratio’s for days and kept getting more uncertain. Yours is clear and simple. I have chickens with white speckles on ears snd combs. Not sure what it is but am going to try this on them. Thanks again!
Welcome To BYC
If you would like to share some photos of the chickens with the speckles on the ears and combs, describe any symptoms you see (lethargy, coughing/sneezing, mucous, etc.) we may be able to give you suggestions.

https://www.shagbarkbantams.com/the-many-uses-of-oxine-ah-animal-health/

Top Bottom