OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

I dipped eggs for incubating, used it in the water in incubator, clean everything with it. Spray run and coop don't worry if it gets on a chicken. Use it in all the waterers. Vaporize chickens when sick. Had a couple of hens with scaly mites I don't know if it was the Vaseline and sevin or oxine in the swimming water to keep them cool but they are gone. We have used it at home in vaporizers. I trust it.

Quote:
How long can one expect to fog their chickens with this stuff before they see their healthy improve? My chickens have sneezing going on...and I've been fogging them twice daily for about I've days.

Quote:
How long can one expect to fog their chickens with this stuff before they see their healthy improve? My chickens have sneezing going on...and I've been fogging them twice daily for about I've days.

I used a home vaporizer over night for over a week with one roo that had a cough and I have not hear him cough in days now. I just kept it up till he was not coughing as much and if he started again fire it up again. His problem may have just be the heat... it is hard for me to breath too
big_smile.png

someone posted they made a tent and put duck that had a respiratory problem and were on the verge of dieing in and they pulled through with oxine vaporizing or fogging and it was quick too.

Quote:

I used a home vaporizer over night for over a week with one roo that had a cough and I have not hear him cough in days now. I just kept it up till he was not coughing as much and if he started again fire it up again. His problem may have just be the heat... it is hard for me to breath too
big_smile.png

someone posted they made a tent and put duck that had a respiratory problem and were on the verge of dieing in and they pulled through with oxine vaporizing or fogging and it was quick too.

My coop is small... And so my ultrasonic humidifier pretty much drenches my birds if I were to leave it on all night. Maybe I need to back it up away from the birds and give that a try. I hate to have them wet!

Quote:
big_smile.png

My coop is small... And so my ultrasonic humidifier pretty much drenches my birds if I were to leave it on all night. Maybe I need to back it up away from the birds and give that a try. I hate to have them wet!

Mine is on a timer would that help? It needs to be close enough for them to breath enough in to help. the directions i read said to do it like 3 x a day for an hour.

Quote:

Mine is on a timer would that help? It needs to be close enough for them to breath enough in to help. the directions i read said to do it like 3 x a day for an hour.

I have it right up where they roost now and leave it on for an hour, morning and night. I can't swing three times a day unless I get a timer, but the chickens are out roaming most of the day, so I'd have to set it up for the morning before I let them out, at night when they go to bed and sometime during the middle of the night! I could swing that...

Back
Top Bottom