OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

Quote:
No offense taken at all!!
hugs.gif

Thanks for this thread! I've been considering getting this for my own use but couldn't find all the answers in one spot! This is great!

Ok I'm sure it can't be the same, but I was it the Dollar Tree the other day and walked past the cleaners and saw a container with this same name. I didn't have time to really check it out, but do you think it could be the same?

I mean I've seen other things there, that I never thought I would and not often, but I figured it was something else and the name was just the same.

I might have to go back and check it out just so it doesn't drive me crazy now.

My gallon of Oxine came yesterday from Revival Animal Health 2 days after ordering.
24.99 + 6.99FedEx
Amazon was same price but 13.99 to ship.

So after reading articles I am still a bit confused.
I want to put in drinking water, that I usually change 2x a day.
Is an 1/8 teaspoon per gallon okay all the time?

For coop and run, can I just use diluted (how much?) in a regular spray bottle w/out removing everything?
My coop and run are very clean and I sparingly sprinkle DE everywhere once a week. Love that stuff.
15 healthy chickens, 8x8 wood coop, pine shavings that I clean every day. And a small coop for 2 Silkies.
8x16 run with sand, big poop cleaned every day.

My use is simply for prevention as I am a bit of a germaphobe.
Thanks for any answers!

Quote:
What worked for us here a few weeks ago:

50 mls of oxine in 1 litre of water, set in a simple cool-mist humidifier bought at Walmart for $29.

I put the sick hens (one at a time) in a small plastic pet carrier, previously sanitized with the Oxine mix.

Covered the crate with a clean towel to block the air vents.

Set the humidifier vent against the front of the crate to "fog" the inside - I also put a small towel in the front so no mist could escape.

Left each hen in there for a good hour, once a day, for three days.

They seemed to enjoy the cool, relaxing "spa" treatment!

COMPLETELY CURED OF "PERCOLATOR LUNG" after that, and it has not come back.

Oxine saved their lives
love.gif

Last edited:
6chick*start :

My gallon of Oxine came yesterday from Revival Animal Health 2 days after ordering.
24.99 + 6.99FedEx
Amazon was same price but 13.99 to ship.

Wish I had read this earlier tonight, I ordered off of Amazon and it was $35.48 including shipping.

Eggcartons.com is $32.99 and they're running a free shipping special, but it's not working correctly on the website, so you'd have to call them. I have a sick pullet and wanted mine asap.​

Well my order from Revival Animal Health is schedualed for today. So excited! I ordered on the 13th and it's taken a while to get it, but just checked the tracking number and due to get to me sometime today. None too soon since I bought a little MG roo for my grand daughter and he's been sneezing since I got him home. He's going to be in quarentine anyway, so time to test the treatments.

I don't have a fogger so would misting him help? Other than that I'm not sure what to do.

Back
Top Bottom