1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OXINE seems fabulous. Users please share usage, dosage, storage, etc.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Carolyn252, Aug 25, 2011.

1. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You can use it for just about anything; spraying and wiping down your kitchen countertops to cleaning your incubators, brooders, coops... turkey's and chickens. Mix 1/8 teaspoon per gallon of water. Fill your spray bottle with the mixture and use a very fine mist to spray over the heads of your turkey's 3 times a day for 10 days if you're dealing with a respiratory/fungal disease.

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY

3. ftwchopper

ftwchopper Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2009
    woodstock connecticut
    Cutler supply also has gallon size bottles of oxine......

4. liveoak

liveoak New Egg

Aug 14, 2011
    california
    Hey I noticed lots of folks having issues with their sprayers or humidifiers in this thread. I thought I might suggest a reptile humidifier.
    I actually plan to buy one tomorrow to try out on a sick hen quarantined in a crate.
    Last time I had sick hens I sprayed the coop out something fierce with Oxine in my paint sprayer. It was saturated. Even blasted out the spiders. Then I misted the hens and the coop twice daily with a quart size sprayer. I also added garlic and ACV to water and more garlic to treats. All runny nose and sneezing symptoms cleared in two days but I kept up this course for a week.

But I was dissatisfied with how wet the hens got ...so this time I thought about the dog crate + reptile humidifier solution.
    I still plan to gently mist my coop and other hens for a few days - just not saturate everything like before.

I can't sing the praises of Oxine and Garlic enough.

5. scwheeler24

scwheeler24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    Great, great, great ideas and info. Awesome[​IMG]

6. Mskayladog

Mskayladog Chillin' With My Peeps

Can u only buy this online?

7. LakeBird

LakeBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2012
    Pierce County, WA
  8. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    There are several places that sell it listed on the Fungal Infections page on PoultryPedia.com, but they all sell through mail order.
    Currently the least expensive I know of is DRJ Health, the main distributor rep that works with Bio-Cide (the manufacturer of Oxine).

9. Milky Whey

Milky Whey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Thank you for this thread, I found a supplier in Canada after many phone calls and emails. Ordering today. Hope this will solve my problem.

10. Milky Whey

Milky Whey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2012
    Does this kill all the good bacteria as well. What would have to be done to get the good bacteria back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by