Oxine users, question about spraying on birds...

wateboe

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
Lebanon, Ohio
... I know that it is done, but I can't seem to find the details. I need to know the correct solution to use, how much Oxine AH per gallon of water.

I appreciate your time and help!

www.shagbarkbantams.com/oxine.htm
This
may help you .......
smile.png

I actually talked with K. Theodore(Shagbark Bantams) about the Oxine... I had gotten some in the winter thru the mail and it had partially frozen and cap was loose. Guess the pressure had forced it off.
The company I ordered from would not give refund either.
I asked Kay and she said the freezing ruined it.
So I was able to use her knowledge to get my money back...
I have a friend who says it is just expensive bleach..
hmm.png

It is similar to bleach, but it breaks down into a simple salt. It has been used in Third World countries to safely purify water supplies, and was even used in the cleaning efforts after Hurricane Katrina.

The instructions are on that Shagbark Bantams web page that was listed; I keep a quart bottle for misting, and of course I reduced the Oxine to 1/4 the gallon ratio (I think it's around 1.625 ounces Oxine to 32 ounces water for misting). When I hear a sniffle I start misting the coop morning and night (when the girls are in it). A fogger works better, of course, but Ms. Theodore indicates in one of the articles that a fine mister is acceptable as well.

Last edited:
You can even put the stuff in their drinking water ...

"And it is so safe to use on livestock that it is actually approved for use in the drinking water of ‘organically grown’ animals. I use it myself at the rate of 7-15 drops per gallon of water in our stock tank of drinking water for our own sheep. It keeps the water impressively clear and algae free, while keeping down the biofilm ‘slime’ that tends to develop on the sides of the tank."

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom