Oy Vey...

Darkjeweler

Songster
8 Years
Aug 16, 2011
Sanford
One of my girls, (I think the Appleyard) has decided that NOW would be a good time to begin laying eggs. Yesterday, I collected my usual (1) egg in the morning from the dog house where my Runners like to deposit their gifts; then when I came home last night, I almost stepped on another one that was in the middle of the pen and covered with mud. This egg was smaller than the others I have been getting (about the size of a chicken egg) and I was like "Where the heck did this come from?".... So, this morning I went out to collect my daily egg and there was another small one in a nest about 5 feet from the dog house. So, now it appears that I will be getting (2) eggs every morning. Considering that right now I am on an all fruit/veggie diet the eggs are going to be pilling up. Perhaps I can sell them at work or something. lol..

You would not think that "Winter" would be the best time for a duck to decide to begin laying.

Right now I am adding protien powder. I was thinking of adding raw eggs into the smoothies, but I am not sure how I feel about raw eggs.

Quote:
yep protein powder is good and if you use your own eggs and mix them real good you'll never know they are raw, I just wouldn't use store bought raw eggs.

I think a combination of corn, beans, and squash form a complete protein... you could also get nuts and seeds to help boost protein and fats.

Hey good for you! I did the all natrual fruit/vegetable (protein from beans) for a month not only for losing weight but to feel better. I have so much energy and feel amazing! Its hard but worth it!

Yep I eat alot of raw nuts, almonds and walnuts also have a smoothie every morning with lowfat yogurt, protein powder[pea protein] coconut oil, and DE[food grade] it's so good, and as long as I keep cabs to a minimum I can keep my weight good. and I don't have to go without. I hate to have to deprive myself..
smile.png

Well, right now I am only on day 3 of the diet. Other than a few hunger pangs throughout the day, no ill affects so far. Tonight I may scramble up an egg and then add it to the veggie smoothie. Lets go for a meal in a glas.. lol.. I do duppose I could freeze the unused eggs.

Back
Top Bottom