Oyster shell vs egg shell

Pics
Hey all, I usually rinse and air dry my egg shells, but that's because it don't usually give them the eggs the same day I crack them open. I have a little bowl on the kitchen counter that I kinda just crush and put the shells in. I don't create a power or anything just smaller pieces I can toss to them on the ground.

I was worried that their eagerness to eat the eggshells was a sign of calcium deficiency. I was thinking about getting some crushed oyster shells to supplement since I don't have a whole lot of egg shells.

Also are yall feeding them egg/ oyster shells daily or mixing in with feed?

Hey all, I usually rinse and air dry my egg shells, but that's because it don't usually give them the eggs the same day I crack them open. I have a little bowl on the kitchen counter that I kinda just crush and put the shells in. I don't create a power or anything just smaller pieces I can toss to them on the ground.

I was worried that their eagerness to eat the eggshells was a sign of calcium deficiency. I was thinking about getting some crushed oyster shells to supplement since I don't have a whole lot of egg shells.

Also are yall feeding them egg/ oyster shells daily or mixing in with feed?
Oyster shells mixed with any egg shells on the side. I prepare my shells the same way you do, by the way!

By offering them separately, the girls can take what they need when they need it. For example, they don't need so much calcium over winter when they're not laying.

Back
Top Bottom