P.O. Called This AM!

ColbyNTX

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Woods, TX
The PO called at 7:23 this morning and said we have a peeping box for you to pick up! I got my first order of red broilers from Ideal today. They shipped yesterday afternoon and were here this morning so the chicks all looked great. I live in Texas only about 3 1/2 hours from them. I ordered only 15 red broilers so they put in 10 "peanuts". I don't have a clue what they are except they will be white. Do any of you have a clue?

30095_broilers_002.jpg
30095_broilers_001.jpg

It is a GQF brooder. I really like it and keep it in my office with my incubators and hatchers. I have a 5 gal auto watering system with it and the feed trays go on the outside the whole leingth so there is no poop and very little spilled. I have the little feeder in there today because this is the first time they have ever eaten. I only keep them in there for a few days to a week then they go to my barn with my big brooder.

Last edited:
I read the thread title and thought...PO, PO, what could that stand for? The only thing I could think of was parole officer! Glad it was the post office.

I can't believe mine were ever that small!! They are five weeks tomorrow. As for packing peanuts I couldn't tell ya, I ordered 30 and got 31 happy healthy red broilers. Its amazing to me the idea of packing peanuts, free birds. I love it!
smile.png
Did they charge you a ton for shipping? I thought mine was really reasonable I think around nine bucks.

Quote:
It was only an extra $7.00 for a small order. I ordered only 15 broilers because I didn't want to feed too many and winter housing is different. Now I have these 10 extras! Oh well

maybe cornish x pullets? I know they sell them for less than the cockerels. Haha, the only breed that roosters sell for more.

EDIT: Or they could be male red sex links.

Last edited:
Dang! I thought she meant "police office" called her this morning! And then thinking why don't people just leave us chicken loving people alone.

So glad it was good news!

Back
Top Bottom