1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

P.O'd chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by countrygirl4513, Jul 3, 2007.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    After returning from our nightmare of a vacation... some of my pullets are p.o'd at me. One especially is growling. They aren't a forgiving bunch. They aren't letting me forget that I left them. I've never known such temperment in chickens and I've been around them all my life. Anyone else got growly chickens?

2. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Boy are they mad at you! That is too funny! They want to make sure you think twice before leaving them again! [​IMG]

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I bet if you'd hand feed them some cornbread muffins they'd forget all about it. [​IMG]

4. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Mmmmmmm!!! Cornbread muffins...I want some. Yeah, give them some treats and love on them and they'll forgive you. I haven't left my chickens yet but I know my cats don't like me when I leave them. Poor babies.

Oh, what was bad about your vacation? I must have missed that one.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  5. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Poor baby. You need to go hug them all.

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

countrygirl.....I am so sorry your vacation was so horrible...and to return home to PO'ed hens to top it off! I agree...some cornbread muffins...maybe a little watermelon, they will forget you ever left! LOL
    Sounds to me like you and the chicks need some quality time together, so you can all relax.

7. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    Read the thread on your vacation! That was unbelievably horrible!!! Yuk!

So sorry. We don't take many vacations and when we do I want the best. I know how you feel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by