PA ChickenStock!! Updated! Please L@@K!!

hmm... Well! That stinks! I'm stuck over here in the corner of PA! =\\

For the fall chicken stock how about in western pa at morraine state park. I know there are alot of members here from that area. It is big with lots of shelters, animals are permitted and there is even a barn/dance hall building we can rent. It is close to pittsburgh and ohio state lines. I live right outside the park and my neigbor is one of the rangers. Lots of things to do there with the hubbies and kids if they are not interested in chickens, such as fishing, trailriding ect. It is really beautiful there in sept/october.

Just for the heck of it, would someone like to look into this?!

It would probably be a much better place for everyone!
What do you guys think?! Have the spring one there instead of my place? if we can get it booked.

~Lacey​

Hope, Why don't you have your's in may at your place and we can have this one here in september. I can get this planned for morraine. May 10 is not good for me, I'm working but I'll see what I can do. Here in morraine, you need to rent the shelters early, like 2 or more months ahead. You can start renting after april 15th.
How about sept 13 or 20th for the fall cs in morraine. Once we have a date I'll rent the shelter and picnic area. Everyone can come whether you live in ohio, wv or pa. Wv and ohio lines are about 1 hour away as well.
Heres a link to the park.
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/moraine.aspx

Last edited:
Pittsburgh area is REALLY far from Wrightsville which is next to the Susquehanna River across from York in southeastern PA. Should we have 2 PA gatherings? One in the East and one in the West? Although I like Pittsburgh, it's a 5 hour drive for me.

Quote:
You do realize that if you're trying to attract out of staters, that your state has some extremely stringent import and testing regulations, even to bring a single bird across the line?

Quote:
You do realize that if you're trying to attract out of staters, that your state has some extremely stringent import and testing regulations, even to bring a single bird across the line?

LOL... o'well!
big_smile.png

ETA: Thanks for pointing that out!

~Lacey

Last edited:
Quote:
We are about a half hour from Harrisburg.

Zip: 17368

Sorry you can't come ams3651!
sad.png

Maybe you'll be able to make it to the fall cs?

Thanks!
~Lacey

Back
Top Bottom