Pa newbe..

zemochas

Hatching
May 23, 2015
Hello everyone,

My name is James, im from Pa and a year ago when I bought my home my realtor was awesome and gave me four chicks as a home warming gift.. Its been real fun raising them up.. Oh boy what a learning experience... Out of four I got one hen.. Now theres only 3 due to an overly aggressive rooster, everyone is happier without him.. Well not sure what else to say other than howdy and its nice to meet you all..

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
You obviously don't know the adage, "Beware of realtors bearing chicks," they generally end up being cockerels. See I'm right. Maybe you could trade the other boys for girls.

Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Michael OShay

Crowing
5 Years
May 14, 2014
Montana
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Wow, that's a tough break. For the health of your hen, I would suggest keeping only one rooster and getting at least a half dozen more hens to go with her. The recommended ratio of roosters to hens is 1 rooster for every 10 hens as too many roosters (or too few hens in your case) will become very hardy physically on the hens; over-breeding them, biting and plucking the feathers from their necks and backs, battering them, and potentially, seriously injuring them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

sunflour

Flock Master
8 Years
Jan 10, 2013
Macon,GA
welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us.

Hope you do take Michael Oshay's advice and rehome all but one roo and acquire more pullets.

Enjoy the forums.

Top Bottom