Pace Chicken Mama

Were you able to get more to replace the boys?
Hi, still trying to understand how to use the site. No, not yet. Looking but have mixed feelings on what to do at this point. Spoke to a local who took some young pullets out of a bad situation. He has been treating them for upper respiratory and thinks things are fine. As much as I would like to help by rehoming them not sure from my research that it is a good idea. Read where they can be healed from respiratory but can be lifelong carriers. Any ideas about that? The young fellas I bought the leghorns from won't have any more for a month or so and they will be younger than I want to deal with. So I am looking...

Hi, still trying to understand how to use the site. No, not yet. Looking but have mixed feelings on what to do at this point. Spoke to a local who took some young pullets out of a bad situation. He has been treating them for upper respiratory and thinks things are fine. As much as I would like to help by rehoming them not sure from my research that it is a good idea. Read where they can be healed from respiratory but can be lifelong carriers. Any ideas about that? The young fellas I bought the leghorns from won't have any more for a month or so and they will be younger than I want to deal with. So I am looking...

welcome and sorry you were pullet scammed!
Yeah, but it may end up being a blessing in disguise. Found a fella who has some healthy golden comets and barred rock that are older that I may purchase this afternoon. Those are really the breeds I preferred over the white leghorns. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to BYC! I'm curious, who sold you the cockrels, as pullets?
Thanks for the welcome! A wonderful couple of young teens who have recently started an egg and poultry business. They weren't trying to scam at all but were told that white leghorn pullets feather at 3 days and males don't so they went by that. Unfortunately they didn't take into account that they were mixed with frizzle. This was their first experience trying to sex them. I had no trouble whatsoever getting them back to them.

Back
Top Bottom