Packing for baby...why do I feel like Im forgetting something?

Quote:
I didn't get one cuz DS, DD1 and DD2 were not pacifier babies. I could never get them to suck on one. I was thinking about getting a 99c one but then changed my mind, if 3 older kids refuses them then the last child would probably be the same.

I had both mine at home,so I did not have to pack but I do remember sending dh out to get me some pineapple juice while I was in labor.Just had to have THAT juice.
Second birth I had a luna bar.I also sent him out for a burger and fries after the birth. So I would recommend some food and drink,though you probably can't have anything in a hospital setting until after the birth.Best wishes!

Quote:
I agree with that. The birthing center says to eat if you want during labor while the hospitals say NO!
Since I almost did not make it to the birthing center in time to have Lily, which I was only right down the street from, we do have stuff packed up in a basket that is prepared for home birthing if needed which was a gift from my mom that includes 10 new towels (santized and in a vaccume bag), medical scissors, Cord clasp, ball sucker and doggie pads (they actually use those at the birthing centers, which surprised me at first). My kids are fast and only get faster so that is one of our fears so we are prepared for that. I am NOT staying at my mother in law's house until the baby is born, which she offered. I will go CRAZY over there, I can't stand the lady at all.

Keep us posted when the big event happens..(do you know yet if it is a girl/boy?)..keeping you/yours in my prayers, Venecia..
hugs.gif

What about a baby blanket and a spit up towel/rag.

You might still want to get a decent pacifier, just in case this baby is different. The cheapy ones probably taste terrible and are very stiff or too big. Playtex makes good small ones, that fit in the babies mouth better. I never wanted to try and break thumb sucking, so I went the pacifier route. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Definitely bring a snack...a favorite something. The ice water/juice and graham crackers the hospital gave me just didn't cut it lol.

Good luck with baby....hope everything goes smoothly!!

i hated dealing with pacifiers and having to buy new ones, finding the one they have when sleeping etc.

bring chapstick in case your lips get dry
smile.png

Sue

Bring a magazine. I did not have the attention span for a book..
If you are planning to breastfeed don't bring a pacifier. Your baby will still be learning to latch on, and you don't want to introduce an artificial nipple until a good latch is established.
Don't forget a baby blanket.
Snacks are a must- even if you don't want them your hubby will. I also brought $20 cash, so hubby could run and grab a coffee or a sandwich.

We didn't make it to the hospital for out third. She was born in our kitchen.. unplanned, fast labor.
But we went by ambulance to the hospital... and I was bored.

Bring a laptop so you can instantly notify us about size/weight and whether or not the baby has a mo-hawk
smile.png

Oh yeah, and bring lots of
hugs.gif
from us

Back
Top Bottom