Packing Peanut

kalaim

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
I'm placing an order with Ideal today so I was searching some back posts, looking for reviews on Ideal.

I noticed some people said they arrived with 'packing peanuts' RIR, what is this?

Thanks!
smile.png

Last edited:
The packing peanuts, almost always males, are not necessarily RIRs (rhode island reds). They can be any breed of leftovers. If you don't want packing peanuts included, you have to specify that at the time of your order and pay a small, usually a dollar or two, shipping insurance charge.

That's kind of what I was afraid of!

No, we can't have roosters here so I would rather not have any!

Thanks!!

To someone that's never had chickens before now, this is hysterical!! they sent live babies to protect the live babies!! it actually sounds kind of aweful!! I would imagine it's better for all concerned but i've never heard of this!! can you imagine how many people named their rooster "peanut"?
lau.gif

omelette'smom :

To someone that's never had chickens before now, this is hysterical!! they sent live babies to protect the live babies!! it actually sounds kind of aweful!! I would imagine it's better for all concerned but i've never heard of this!! can you imagine how many people named their rooster "peanut"?
lau.gif

lol.png
I would if I could have a rooster​

omelette'smom :

lau.gif

I did.
big_smile.png
I have a GLW roo from MMH named "Peanut".​

Back
Top Bottom