Packing Peanuts Orpingtons or Gold Sex Link?

Dances with Ducks

Songster
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Central Northern Front Range, Colorado ;)
Got my small duck order from Ideal and five baby roosters came with them. They suggested donating to local feed store, but the feed stores are having none of that. I reallly can't keep these guys, so now I have to try Craig's list. I want to list the breed but I can't tell if these are the Gold Sex Links or the Buff Orpingtons by comparing them to photos I find online. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
16390_100_2349.jpg

Thanks, the lady at Ideal did mention a red breed, I forget what. I asked if the red would be pretty dark and she said yes, but I figured they would be darker than these. So are these too dark to be Gold Sex Link too? Maybe I need to call them back. (I only know ducks)

There a production red .... ( RIR chicks should be darker )
Most likely a RIR/New Hampshire cross.
Chris

Quote:
True, but hatchery birds never compare to the Show Quality counterparts that breeders have. I believe those are RIR. My pullet wasn't even that dark and she doesn't look like a cross to me.

Thanks everyone for getting me closer to the mark.
Ideal offers both RIR and Production Reds so I still don't know which one yet. I did send them an email with photos and will post their response here whenever I get it. Does this happen to people a lot? Maybe it's standard practice but it just seems strange not to know what you send people.

Back
Top Bottom