Packing peanuts, what are they?

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
I know these are more then likely males, but Im still curious what they are. They are the little black ones. I know what they others are.

7792_baby_chicks.jpg

7792_baby_chicks3.jpg

7792_baby_chicks2.jpg

Barred rocks or sex links! I'm leaning toward Barred rocks they are a great breed! cockerals or pullets. Cockerals are meaty birds they will be good to fry if you get all cockerals

all barred rocks have white spots on their heads and wings that does not mean that they are all cockerals.

Okay with BRs is it easy to sex them? Im about to give these away and if I could tell if one was a female or not I might keep a few. But I already have one roo and cant have anymore.

Since they are packing peanuts then they are most likely barred rocks. Sex-links are often sold as girls; If these were sex-links then they would be all black. So, IMO you have some barred rock cockerels.

I would bet they are sex-link males. Male black sex-links have the spot on their heads, that's how they can separate them out from the females. It is also possible they are barred rocks, though. I don't think it's really easy to see the difference between a sex-link male and a barred rock male until they are older (the sex-link boys usually have some reddish feathering mixed in with the barring).

Back
Top Bottom