Ugh. Nausea, consistent blood pressure 165/90 or so. Still in pain even with steroids and pain pills. I was so hoping this would solve my problem.

Good luck, doctors don't give out opioids to anyone anymore. They painted a bad picture of opioids and the junkies did too.
They think everyone is an addict now days... so they don't give them out. you won't get any. The best you'll get is Tramadol and that is garbage.

Good luck, doctors don't give out opioids to anyone anymore. They painted a bad picture of opioids and the junkies did too.
They think everyone is an addict now days... so they don't give them out. you won't get any. The best you'll get is Tramadol and that is garbage.
I have a really bad reaction to Tramadol. Makes the room spin.
My doc did give me pain pills but they are not helping much. And even with a new BP med, my pressure is still high. I am taking steroids too. It almost makes me feel hopeless because there is nothing else they can really give me, i even have muscle relaxers.

My doc did give me pain pills but they are not helping much. And even with a new BP med, my pressure is still high. I am taking steroids too. It almost makes me feel hopeless because there is nothing else they can really give me, i even have muscle relaxers.
I'm sorry you hurt so bad. That's why I get so mad at doctors sometimes, the ones that really hurt and need help get looked at like they're on the same line as the addicts. I went to the er with a tooth abscess once, my whole face was swelled up and I was almost crying.. they gave me 7 lousy Tramadol and that was it. Gee, thanks for your help managing my pain. I didn't even take them, they suck. Make me sick too.
maybe you need to see another doctor, someone who will actually take the time to figure out how to help you.

In June, my DH messed up his back badly enough I had to take him to the ER. The Dr. gave him an RX for Oxycontin. The insurance wouldn't cover it. So, even if a Dr. will prescribe an opiod, there are other roadblocks to getting it.

Oh, that's too bad! Tramadol was a huge help to me before my hip replacement. I was given hydrocodone for post-surgical pain. I quit taking it the night I was sure I was floating across the room. It was so real. I felt myself lift off the bed, and told DH I was floating away. He reached up and grabbed me by the waist and told me I wasn't going to go anywhere. When I really did wake up, I decided that was it for those meds.

Cap, have you checked into chiropractic care yet?

as to palpitations I used to have bad ones. At the doctor I told him I'm having them NOW. He listened with the stethoscope and shook his head. Even had me tested for mitral valve prolapse ( think it was called) Didn't have that. Guessed it was high anxiety level.

It was high anxiety, and sometimes leading to panic attacks. When I got a grasp on it and decided I wasn't dying- I eventually stopped having the attacks & palpitations.
Sometimes breathing into a paper bag helps.

In June, my DH messed up his back badly enough I had to take him to the ER. The Dr. gave him an RX for Oxycontin. The insurance wouldn't cover it. So, even if a Dr. will prescribe an opiod, there are other roadblocks to getting it.

Oh, that's too bad! Tramadol was a huge help to me before my hip replacement. I was given hydrocodone for post-surgical pain. I quit taking it the night I was sure I was floating across the room. It was so real. I felt myself lift off the bed, and told DH I was floating away. He reached up and grabbed me by the waist and told me I wasn't going to go anywhere. When I really did wake up, I decided that was it for those meds.

Cap, have you checked into chiropractic care yet?
Hydrocodone makes me have weird dreams too! I don't like it at all, plus makes my muscles twitch all the time. I prefer Tramadol, takes the edge off, with no side effects, at least for me.

Back
Top Bottom