Painkillers

Ravie

Songster
9 Years
Aug 4, 2010
Greenfield, Indiana
Hi everyone. I posted earlier about my silkie chick which has a broken femur. I am making a new post in the hopes that someone who might not necessarily have treated a broken leg might know something about what give a chick for pain. This is a silkie about 6 weeks old.

I saw somewhere you can give them asprin. It is a high dosage.

I found this on another site.
Aspirin: 1 baby aspirin in 1 cup water or up to 5 325 mg aspirins in a gallon of water.

Good luck!

Yes. I had a mature hen that had a broken wing from a dog attack. She went through surgery to reset and the vets prescribed metacam..it's for dogs but it worked great for Pot pie and the others who survived the dog attack. You can get a small bottle which is alot cheaper because it doesn't take much for the chickens metabolism. I also have the script for asprin. It's in my truck and I'm in for the night. But I'll look the dosage up for you and send another post. THat came from the vet , too. I hope your silkie is on the mend. Do you have it on antibiotics for the break as well? I'll be intouch in the am.

Quote:
ok here is the script from the vet who specializes in poultry science here....5 grams in 8 ounces if water (1000 mg = 1 gram) so, 12 yes that is twelve 81 mg low dose baby asprin in 8 oz, of water. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom