paint color for inside coop?

wahmommy

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2010
For ease of cleaning we are painting the inside of our open coop/run (one combined building) in semi -gloss. Just wondering if anyone has found a color that doesn't show all the chicken poop as much (I do not want to paint the inside of the coop the same color as chicken poop, that's not an option people!) is it better to go with a medium color or a light color? Any particular color? The exterior is going to be painted the same color as our house - a medium to dark sage green.

If you use a medium color you wont notice the poop as much, but if you paint a bright yellow the inside will be a lot brighter and the egg production can increase.

Poop comes in all sorts of colors, grey, white, black, brown, green, so there is no perfect shade to hide it all. Paint a camoflauge design or a bunch of decorative stuff and it will draw your eye away from the poop marks. We have a medium tone of tannish brown inside my coop with a bunch of murals my daughter did and it has held up well. Everyone notices the murals more than the poop marks.

Here's how we painted the inside or our coop. Not sure about "hiding" the poop but I think it keeps the girls happy during our rainy gray days near Seattle!

Keeps them happy pretty much every day then
lau.gif

Here's how we painted the inside or our coop. Not sure about "hiding" the poop but I think it keeps the girls happy during our rainy gray days near Seattle!

WOW, Looks like the inside of the daycare my kids went to years ago.
I just painted the inside of my coop with white porch paint I got from Lowes. Painting it a light color like white, helps to reflect light and really helps brighten up the inside of the coop. You really want to avoid dark colors if you can. I was going to put up a picture, but after the one above, no.
Jack

Back
Top Bottom