PAINT SILKIES!?!?!

They are pretty.
love.gif

The cuckoo's are gorgeous also! I really want some but they're so crazy expensive! My bator will be full today anyway, I'm getting my shipment of eggs from Shadyglade around 2!!
woot.gif

I'm like a kid in a candy store right now, i just don't know what to do with myself, I can't wait!
wee.gif

I am thinkin maybe i need to make a new friend in europe, get some connections set up, haha!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
I spoke to the creator of these paint silkies this past weekend. Its taken 15+ years to create them, and there are still only 20 to 30 breeding birds on the ground right now breeding true. There are in NO WAY related to splash, or anything near it. It was 10 years of breeding and 5 or more years of inbreeding to get the color genetics the way they needed them. They will not be available for some time in the US, probably a few more years.

Suze,

We also talked to Sigrid and Hans about the Cuckoo. They stated that everyone is pretty much wasting their time trying to breed out the red combs. Because of the genetics involved in the Cuckoo, the red strawberry comb will NEVER go away. Dont ask me why, I haven't a clue, they just said that it wasn't possible.

ETA: As I was told, WHEN the birds are available, they will only be sold to serious breeders who have enough knowledge to improve them. So dont look for them to be kept as pets for decades I'm sure....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's called ermine

I've never seen ermine but it looks as it's described.

I had wondered about exchequer pattern which is an extreme form of mottling.

What did the breeder say was the genotype?​

I saw these on Feathersite also. Thanks for all the info everyone. I always want what I can't Have. They are cool looking!

Back
Top Bottom