Painted coop interiors

I painted my old coop white and really regretted it. Now the floor is dark red!

75545_img_9451.jpg

75545_img_9449.jpg

Thanks all! We went this afternoon and our Restore had a very low selection of exterior semi-gloss paints. Ended up with a dark brown for the roosts and nest boxes like I wanted, but really the only choices other than that were cream, tan, and bright pink. I got a cream for inside but might try mixing it with some bright yellow semi-gloss the previous owners left behind to make the inside a bit brighter. Elmo, I want the roosts and poop board dark for that reason, but I want the rest of the coop a nice bright colour.

Pharm Girl, I love the colours and the roosters! Where did you get those?

The roosters are from the dollar store. They are stove burner covers. $1 for 4, can't beat the price. Take a picture when you paint your coop!

I painted the inside of one of my coops with semigloss white paint is got at Ollies (Good Stuff Cheap!) that I mixed with some left over navy blue paint to make a nice sky blue. I painted the trim white and the nest boxes are a bright lipstick pink "oops" paint. The colors are nice a cheerful & make me feel good ~ I don't think the chickens really care!

P1110896.jpg

The roosters are from the dollar store. They are stove burner covers. $1 for 4, can't beat the price.

The dollar store is going to have a sudden sell out of rooster burner covers!
lau.gif

Quote:
Love it! There was a dark purple paint that I almost bought for the roosts/nest boxes instead of dark brown, but it was a satin sheen and I wasn't sure how washable it would be. Kind of wish I'd got it anyway now.

The roosters are from the dollar store. They are stove burner covers. $1 for 4, can't beat the price.

The dollar store is going to have a sudden sell out of rooster burner covers!
lau.gif

gig.gif
You can bet I'll be checking ours next time I'm there.​

The interior of my current "Main" coop is actually "eggshell white" but it was Oops! Paint from Lowe's.

41679_insidenewcoop.jpg

The exterior is also Oops! Paint, and it's a soft grey.
41679_newcooppainted.jpg

The larger coop currently under construction will have a soft, light green interior and a different shade of light green for the exterior, with brown trim. Right now, all it has is the white Killz2 primer on the exterior.

Last edited:
I like to paint the insides of my coops yellow, the brighter the better! I have one with such loud paint that it seems like the light is always on!

My opps paint was also a light greenish color( sea green). I had some dark blue from my kids bedrooms so I painted the roosts that color and the nesting boxes. That helped them be darker as they face a window. The chickens really like the color
lol.png
I knew someday I'd get a roo so I put in the blue for him too. The chick area is opposite I painted it blue then splashed the sides with the brush a lot with the greenish paint. Its fun and funky. I tried to find yellow but looked for a month and decided I'd just stick with the green. Its light enough.

Quote:
The inside of ours is white too. It seams every time a color was left over it was white. It does make the inside brighter. I did spend some and paint the out side tan, just to blend in some with e woods behind it.

Back
Top Bottom