Painting Chain Link?

AimsChickies

Songster
11 Years
Sep 8, 2008
SW Florida
I FINALLY have my coop all together and a nice large chain link run.....does anyone know if there is a product that can be used to paint chain link? I love the functionality of the run but hate the way it looks. Any ideas?

For best results, use a roller with a 1" to 1-1/2" nap to cover the chain mesh and a brush to paint the fence posts and hardware. Although spraying it might give you a better finish, it can be difficult to control the overspray:)

Spraying, I would estimate, is like taking 80 or 90 percent of your paint and throwing it away.

Clean the wire first and make sure it's dry.

Wayne

Last edited:
This property came with a buncha chainlink, some of it black (I think painted at the factory). In a few places where the black started to flake off, I touched it up with Rustoleum paint. Worked fairly ok, but still a bit of a tendency to peel. It has been suggested to me that I try hitting it with a primer designed for galvanized metal, first. Haven't actually tried it yet and dunno how much this applies to never-painted chainlink, but, just tossing it out there.

Definitely use a brush (and lots of time and vocabulary), not a sprayer. And brush SLOWLY or you will get severely splatter-painted yourself, ask me how I know <g>

Pat

Back
Top Bottom