painting of chickens

GregoryFricker

Hatching
8 Years
May 1, 2011
My Wife's parents raise chickens in an urban environment. I'm military and was in the process or moving to another assignment when my orders were adjusted to change my report date. Our house had already been packed up and shipped to our new assignment prior to my orders being changed which left us staying with the Wife's family for the time being. I'm an artist who can't make it very long between painting sessions lest I implode and I was drawn to this stack of tires the chickens seemed to "play" on. I finally broke down and painted it as a gift to her family. I thought you would all appreciate seeing an urban chicken painting because, I'm guessing here, there aren't that many ; )

:thumb204986655:

Last edited:
Well I guess I don't get to show you because new members can't post images or links. Oh well. At least you all know such an artwork exists lol.

I like it a lot, your style his one that I enjoy seeing. Thanks for posting it!
thumbsup.gif

I'd never noticed how much personality they have. I think several of them were judging me and the one in the middle was giving me condescending looks the whole time haha.

scratch'n'peck :

By the way it is a very wonderful gift to your inlaws, and it is great that your talent provides such an outlet for you. also thanks for your service in the military.

x2

LOL about the condescending looks... there is an entire thread on here devoted to stink eye, it's hysterical and good for a laugh​

Quote:
It amazing, isn't it? I don't necessarily consider them as strictly pets, nor do I consider them strictly livestock.

I call mine "working pets". Not all of mine even get names. I have one hen named Lucy, because she is as nosy as my grandmother Lucy. The head rooster is Pokey, because it was a year before anyone could tell if he was a cockeral or pullet. There are 3 named Spot, but I can tell them apart by personalities. Goldie Hen, in my avatar.... well, that obvious. She's cute, blonde and smart! (And apologies to Goldie Hawn)

I can already see you retiring someday and having your own flock!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom