Pale Face Rooster.

Cort

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2017
I have a 7 month old Light Brahma Rooster. He has recently had an extremely pale face and comb compared to my hens. I have read up on mites/lice. I have dusted him and he doesn't seem to be doing any better. He keeps his head really close to his body but still eats and makes noises. Any help on getting him better would be much appreciated.

You should probably separate him at this point. Was he vaccinated as a chick?
Check out his crop and check for possible sour crop
There IS a form of mites that have been giving problems in the last couple months at my work and dont die off by dusting. Have you checked his vent to make sure there are absolutely no lice or teeny moving black dots?

I have a 7 month old Light Brahma Rooster. He has recently had an extremely pale face and comb compared to my hens. I have read up on mites/lice. I have dusted him and he doesn't seem to be doing any better. He keeps his head really close to his body but still eats and makes noises. Any help on getting him better would be much appreciated.
Hi
frow.gif
Welcome To BYC

Can you post some photos or a video of him?
What type of food/treats do you feed?
How long have you had him?
What does his poop look like?
Any difficulty breathing - coughing, sneezing, runny eyes/nose?

You may want to separate him so you can monitor him more closely. As suggested earlier, check to see how his crop feels.
Offer him some extra protein like egg or tuna and give some poultry vitamin.

Keep us posted.

Thank you everyone for the response. I feed a Layena pellet feed. I haven't switched anything on them. I feed them chicken scratch every now and then and some meal worms every now and then. Also some cabbage once in a while. I can take some pictures of him today. I'll try checking his crop.

Here's from today it's raining so he's not hanging outside very much to show how he keeps his head tucked in. His legs are paler than my hens too.

Back
Top Bottom