Pallet Coop Add-on...Almost Done (1-25-09)

We built our llama shelter with pallets, and they made the job very quick and easy. I love the pallet idea because I'll be able to insulate the coop really easily. Siding on one side, insulation, and wood on the interior. It get cold in CO, so the insulation is a must!!

I would like to know who the roof was constructed, that's the one thing I'm struggling with right now. Chix in GA, how did you get the pitch?

Thanks, Sonja

I, too, am anxiously awaiting more pics of this fabulous coop and run!
pop.gif
frow.gif

There are several good pallet coop arrangements if you search the web for them. We were going to do it, but had access to an abandoned tool/lawnmower type shed that just needs a roof and some other TLC, so that seemed easier and cheaper.

I love your coop!

Hubby work for a hvac place and they get their units and duck board on huge 4x10 pallets, I love them for building coops and have even used part of it for fence. I will have to try to build on like this for a breeder coop set up I bet they would work great for that. It looks really nice you would never guess what the framing is from looking out the finished outside. I love it when fokes use found materials instead of just going out and buying what they need. It is great for the planet and great for your pocket book too.

thumbsup.gif
Great scrounging!

Wow! I LOVE THIS COOP
ya.gif

I am anxiously awaiting more pics of the finished product.
My hubby has made the mistake of telling me he has heaps of pallets at work, now it just a matter of him bringing some home so WE can start building the new coop.
wee.gif

WOW! I have never read this thread all the way thru before. Thank you! Lots of ideas on how to use the pallets I just got.

If any of ya'll are in the Charlotte, NC area let me know, I'll show your where you can get truckloads of them for free!

Back
Top Bottom